Traditional metal braces are notorious for:
1. Being very difficult and time consuming to floss around. So most people don’t try.
2. Being very difficult to clean and clean around with a toothbrush.
3. Trapping tons of food particles in them and between your teeth.
4. Leaving plenty of white decalcified areas on your teeth when the braces are removed. The white decalcified areas are from where plaque was not readily and regularly removed.
5. May promote cavities between the teeth from sugary items, where proper cleaning is difficult.
Invisalign clear removable braces however:
1. Are easily removable by the wearer making your teeth easily accessible for flossing and brushing.
2. Eliminate the development of white decalcified areas on your teeth because your teeth are easier to clean.
3. Do not promote cavities if the wearer flosses and brushes daily.
4. Cost about the same as metal braces.
5. Time in treatment may be as long as with metal braces.
6. Not advisable for young teenagers simply because of ‘lack of compliance’.
If you have any questions about keeping your teeth healthy or are ready to schedule an appointment you should give Gentle Family Dentistry a call today! You can reach us by phone at 814-693-6777 or you can request an appointment by filling out our online form. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Locker and his friendly, knowledgeable staff invite you to call Gentle Family Dentistry in Duncansville, PA for the greatest, most advanced, painless dental experience you have ever had.
And remember, You only have to floss daily the ones you want to keep.